What Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
- The Person’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Online identification information
- Employment history and other information you deem as relevant in your CV
- Your signature
We may collect this information when You:
Networked Energy Services collects, processes and retains personal information about you in numerous ways, including:
- Request information from us via our forms or surveys;
- Attend and/or complete an events attendance list;
- Subscribe to our subscriptions list;
- Contact us regarding employment;
- Contact us regarding a question, concern or inquiry, such as when you make inquiries about our Site, products and/or services; and/or
- Interact with NES Portal, NES Support Systems, NES MCS and other NES systems for which you are granted access
- Obtaining your signature of a contract or similar
- Otherwise interact with the Site or our representatives.
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our suppliers and vendors may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (“Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. usage Information may include:
- Visitor IP address and high level geographical region from which users access our website;
- Type of device used;
- Operating systems and browser type;
- Network service provider;
- Address of referring website from which you accessed our website;
- Search engine terms and results;
- Number of, date and time of visit;
- Information on the usage of our website such as the time spent on each page, clicks on a page, downloads, etc.
Why We Collection Information
We may use Your Information for various purposes, including:
- Allowing You to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- Responding to Your requests for information;
- Analyzing and evaluating your employment application;
- Sending You marketing information about Networked Energy Services;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site;
- Responding to technical support queries;
- Providing you with access to our portal for the services provided therein;
- Providing you with access to our product configuration support tools;
- Improving the services we provide to you;
- Meeting our quality obligations and processes;
- Complying with the law and protecting the safety, rights, property or security of Networked Energy Services, the Services and the general public; and
Marketing Communications: We seek clear consent from individuals regarding sending marketing communications. Individuals have the right to opt-in if they wish to receive marketing updates from us. Only individuals who agree to receive such communications will receive marketing messages from us. Individuals have the right to review their consent at any time and refuse to receive marketing messages.
Individual Communications: We may directly contact individuals in case of individuals’ genuine interest, such as the submission of a contact request However, this does not place any obligation on us to proactively communicate to the user in any circumstances.
NES Support, NES Portal and NES MCS Access: We may directly contact you in response to activities you have initiated through these NES systems, or where you have registered account information and where there are cases of genuine interest, e.g. technical notifications or resolutions to technical issues you have raise.
Security of personal data
We store personal data on systems hosted in North America. Industry level technical solutions are implemented to protect this data. Access to personal data is highly restricted internally for approved business purposes.
Any personal data collected in paper format (surveys, business cards, etc.) is securely filed at our offices in the US, Poland or Lebanon.
Access and use of personal data are monitored and audited. We have systems and processes in place to monitor use of systems containing personal data and alert of any breach or misuse of personal data.
We will seek separate and clear consent for every purpose of data processing.
Security of personal communications
We have implemented various security and organizational measures to ensure that communications and personal data are secure. This includes encryption of all communications, encryption of data bases and pseudonymization of personal data.
Our website uses secure communication protocols and our email communications are encrypted and secure. NES Support System, NES Portal, NES MCS and any other NES system that you may be granted access to use secure communication protocols.
Sharing of personal data
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to and from other websites, such as social and/or analytical platforms, to perform certain services on our behalf or for our site. We may also use your data that has been collected by these third party service providers.
If, in the course of interacting with any NES system, you place a 3rd parties personal details on that system, e.g. entering a 3rd party’s name and e-mail address into a support ticket, you are deemed to be responsible for seeking their permission to do so based on this privacy statement.
Rights of Individuals, Retention of Data, International Data Transfers
Rights of Individuals
Your location will indicate which privacy laws are applicable to you.
Your Specific California Privacy Act Rights (CCPA)
- Right to request access. You are permitted to request and obtain from Networked Energy Services information regarding the disclosure of Your personal data that has been collected in the past 12 months by Networked Energy Services or its subsidiaries to a third party for the third party’s marketing purposes.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of the personal data that Networked Energy Services has collected in the past 12 months.
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about the categories of personal data that is or has been collected, sold or disclosed for business purposes in the previous 12 months.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the selling of Your personal data. You can exercise this right by clicking on the link “Do Not Sell My Personal information” which you will find on the homepage of this website.
- Right to data portability. This right form part of your right to access. The personal information will be sent in a portable and readily usable format that allows for the transmission of this data without hindrance.
- Right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be subjected to discrimination for the exercise of your rights under CCPA.
Specifically, we will not:
- Deny access to our Services;
- Deny goods or services to You;
- Charge a different rate for the use of our Service; or
- Provide a different quality of Service.
Such requests may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Networked Energy Services, 5215 Hellyer Avenue, Suite 150, San Jose, California 95138, USA. Networked Energy Services will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Networked Energy Services respects Your privacy. We do not sell Your personal information.
Your Specific Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain additional data protection rights under the GDPR.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of Your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data We hold about You. This includes updating or deleting information We have on You.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have Your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of Your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information We have on You in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time where we relied on Your consent to process your personal information.
- The right to erasure (deletion) of personal data concerning you, as well as taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data based on automated decision-making, provided that it is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract, or there are no compelling legitimate interest grounds for the processing or it is based on your explicit consent. Presently, We do not make use of automated decision-making.
Such requests may be submitted by email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving Your request. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If you live in the EEA, without prejudice to any other rights you may have, you can also submit any concerns or complaints with your local Supervisory Authority.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information under the GDPR
We may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- We have given us permission (consent) to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Data
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is legally permissible.
We will also retain Usage Information or internal analysis purposes. Usage Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligation to retain this data for longer periods.
International Data Transfers
Because Networked Energy Services is a global organization, we may transfer your Personal Information outside of the country in which it was originally provided. This may include transfers to third parties, such as vendors, suppliers or contractors or affiliated entities who are located outside the United States or the European Union, where data protection laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the United States, EU or EEA. When we transfer Personal Information outside of these areas, we take steps to make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information.
International Data Transfers under the GDPR
We may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), such as the United Kingdom and the United States of America
These countries are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA under the GDPR.